Allwel has established the following “Code of Ethics” to guide all staff members, interns, volunteer and consultant interactions with clients, family members/significant others, referral sources, other care providers, vendors, suppliers, payers, the greater community, and one another. The overriding expectation is that all interactions are respectful and professional, and intended to be helpful and responsive.
Commitment to Clients
1. I will not use my professional relationship with Clients or their families/significant others to further my own financial or personal interests, nor extend this relationship beyond appropriate professional limits.
2. I will not solicit, refer or admit current Allwel Clients to any services I provide privately or to an organization at which I am or will be employed, without prior authorization from my supervisor.
3. I will not threaten, coerce or intimidate, nor direct profane, abusive or disrespectful language towards Clients, their significant others or other Allwel clients.
4. I agree that a social or sexual relationship between a current or former client and myself is strictly prohibited and will immediately inform my supervisor of the existence of any such relationship.
5. I will respect Clients’ confidentiality.
6. I will not discriminate against Clients for any reason and will immediately report all instances of suspected discrimination or unprofessional conduct to my supervisor.
Commitment to Professionalism
1. I will utilize supervision to further my professional development and improve the quality of care I deliver.
2. I will report to my supervisor and seek assistance for any problem that impairs my professional performance.
3. I will keep my professional credentials current.
4. I will adhere to the regulations, standards and ethical guidelines promulgated by the pertinent government agencies, and by my professional association.
5. I will ensure that the clinical records or corporate documents that I am responsible for are accurate, complete and timely.
Commitment to Co-Workers
1. I will respect the rights and views of my colleagues, and treat them with honesty, fairness and courtesy.
2. I will strive to resolve differences of opinion with co-workers through cooperation and respect.
3. I will not discriminate against my co-workers for any reason and will treat all co-workers with the utmost respect.
4. I will not sexually harass any employee, nor condone such harassment.
5. I will not be disrespectful or insubordinate toward supervisors including the refusal to carry out directives, obey instructions, or to accept appropriate supervision.
6. I will not threaten, coerce, or intimidate, nor direct profane, abusive or disrespectful language towards my co-workers or supervisors.